Sunday, October 3, 2010

I'm engaged!!

This past Friday, Timothy proposed to me!!
It was awesome. And here is the story:

On the evening of Friday, October 1, 2010, Tim and I left Cookeville and headed to Gerst Haus, a German restaurant in Nashville, TN.  It took us an extra hour to get there due to a bad wreck on the interstate.  Despite this, we enjoyed our ride and spending time together, with a few frustrations of due to the amount of traffic throughout the detour.

                We arrived at our destination and were able to be seated pretty quickly. This was Tim’s first time to Gerst Haus, and my first time going since sometime in high school. We were excited that it was a night for the live polka band to be there. Tim and I ordered our appetizer and meals.  While we were eating he mentioned to me that when we got to my parents house that night he wanted to show me his website through his major and the fortune program he created. I asked if we could pull it up on my phone and he said “I don’t know, let’s wait though.” So we continued talking and eating.

We left the restaurant, full of good food and headed towards the ice skating rink on the other side of town. On the way there, we passed the public square in front of Nashville’s town hall and courthouse. We parked the car and began to walk around looking at the different fountains that surrounded the area.  We walked around the courtyard to another fountain. As I was taking pictures, Tim as for my phone so he could try and pull up his website. Once he got it up, he told me to put my name and press submit. I did this and when the page loaded, I read “Ruthe, my darling, Will you marry me?- Tim” – at the same time Tim was getting on knee with a box and asked me out loud to marry him. I was surprised!! My first response was “I’m going to cry…..yes, yes I will!” Tim put the beautiful engagement ring on my finger.

I ended up not crying after all. After a little bit more time at the courtyard, we went back to the car and headed out to go ice skating as fiancés!!

No comments:

Post a Comment